Sunday, June 22, 2008

Belly Candle therapy


What it is ?

By getting regular belly candle treatment, one can improve digestive and colon health, reduce water retention, achieve healthier looking skin and improve overall health. It involves deep abdominal massage followed by applying candle at the belly button to boost circulation and detox. It is supposed to help get rid of excess water in the body, swelling due to water retention

Where ?

Beauty Centre – I saw the kit on sale and found it very interesting looking and asked what it is for ? They said Belly candle therapy, well I did not know what that is so I asked ? Does your salon do it ? They said yes and I volunteered. Well they put this little lantern on the navel and then light the candle which is separated from the skin through a sieve so that the heat is felt but it does not burn the skin, there is a covering which is put. It continues for about 30 – 45 minutes where the therapist stokes the candle so that it does not die and the heat is supposed to address the centre of the body - the navel which is the source of genesis or creation plus improves stomach and abdominal functioning.

It reminded me of my childhood in my Grandmother’s house where whenever there was something wrong with your stomach, you were pinned to bed and then a Pan leaf , with warm oil was rubbed in circular motion on the stomach for about 10 minutes. This was supposed to remove all gas and toxins in the stomach.

However after 30 minutes I got very bored and asked the therapist to hurry up and then I bought a kit from there as a souvenier.

Personal rating

A good experience, but should do when really needed. Its not very commonly available. So far I have seen it in only one place. However, the experience for me was purely for academic purposes :)

No comments: