Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ear Candle



What it is ?

Famous as a Hopi healing therapy. It is also know as thermal auricular therapy, an alternative medicine and naturally helps in removal of the ear wax from a person's ear by lighting one end of a hollow candle and placing the other end in the ear canal. There are various schools of thoughts about it and some consider it dangerous and ineffective while some swear by it.

Read this TIME magazine feature on Ear Candle Therapy http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,47112,00.htm

Where ?

I have tried it in 2-3 places and since it seems easy to do, I also bought ear candles for myself so that I can do at home also….but not tried on my own as yet.

Korean Spa – Since I already go for my other treatments , I thought let me try this one too. Well it lasts for about 30 -45 minutes for both the ears. The girl keeps massaging gently around the ear area. It is painless, and once its completed, they open and show the residue in the candle that has come out of the ear.

Beauty World – The place where I bought my candles and since its owned by Chinese, I thought it would give me an authentic experience. But it was the same. I tried the Belly Candle treatment here too since this is the only place which offers it and sells the kit as well.

Personal Rating

It’s the same treatment everywhere. I did not feel anything dramatic after it, but it made me feel good to see the residue.

No comments: