Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hair Cream Bath


What it is ?

Cream bath is the Indonesian treatment like our head massage with warm oil or Neelbrighandi tailam or coconut oil.

Where ?


This is a staple treatment available anywhere and everywhere like reflexology. However, I prefer to do in the places I go for my regular treatments as it lasts for about 45 min to 1 hr.

1.Gorjes – Since they specialize in hair and I go there for haircut or Totok so I opt for creambath too.

2. Korean Spa – Here also since I go for my regular treatments, sometimes I opt for creambath if there is still time.

Cream bath starts with putting aloe/ginseng/avocado-scented cream on the hair and for the next 45 minutes it is massaged into the hair. After which the hair is wrapped with a steamed towel/ or steamer. While steaming, the therapist works on the upper back, then the lower back. Sometimes, or if you ask for it the therapist will use a coin on your shoulders and back to rub out the stress spots. It will leave you with deep red tiger stripe-like welts all over your back. It is excruciating while its being done but after a while, it feels so much better. After that, the therapist works on the arms and hands. After that, hair is shampooed and blowdried if you opt for it.

Personal Rating


Its good. More than the cream and the hair, what benefits is the massage and stress release from shoulders and back and is good once in a fortnight.

No comments: