Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reflexology

What it is ?

Reflexology is the ancient therapic technique of stimulating pressure points in the soles of the feet to improve blood circulation and relaxing the while body. Reflexology can relieves headache, shoulder ache, neck ache and back ache. Problem areas are identified by an experienced therapist by feeling tenderness , or crystals at the nerve endings, or pain at any point on the soles of the feet.

It is said that for maintaining a healthy balance, once a week is fine and for treatment for any specific problem – twice a week is recommended.

Where ?

Actually I have tried it almost everywhere – at the airport, at Ambassador Mall, at Pasaraya Grande, at Pacific Place, at Korean Spa, Zen Living centre and at the Foot Spa .

Kenko, Pacific Place (021 57973181) – As this is just a stone’s throw from my hosue, I This is the only place where they use powder instead of cream for reflexology. I have been here only once, I liked the ambience and the quite and the face that you can lie down also for the back massage.

Zen Living Centre( 021 7225685) – This is the only place where to compliment the foot treatment, there is a fresh flow of pure oxygen using a specially designed compact respiratory system available at the seat. Well, it was a different experience, but with the oxygen mask on my face and all white Zen surroundings, I got déjà vu impressions of being in a hospital…..my worse nightmare. One other good thing about this place is they have a Profile card, created the first time you visit and records problem areas

Foot Spa – At Setiabudi specializes only in all foot related things like reflexology, pedicures and manicures. I always do the 90 minutes treatment which includes, not just the feet and leg, but the hand, back , shoulders and head massage too. I am a member here for reasons of convenience more than excellence of service.

Ambassador – on the 2nd floor, its cheap but the massaseurs are busy watching TV.

Pasaraya grande – I like the treatment as the ambience is very nice and all the boys and girls speak good English and tell you about the problem areas.

Personal Rating

I feel massage with cream is better than powder, this is my personal subjective opinion. Secondly combining reflexology with oxygen did not do any wonders for me. However I like the concept of maintaining record of each and every client and tracking their journey to healing and wellness.

No comments: